Fact: People who are confident are more likely to succeed
Each of us needs to work towards building our self confidence. Smiling not only makes you look and feel more confident, it also helps you win friends. 70% of people say that a smile is the first thing they notice about a person. A huge part of the credit for a charming captivating smile is a beautiful set of teeth. Madhuri Dixit & Julia Roberts are live examples. Sparkling white teeth are a sign of good health, good hygiene and a fresh breath. So, if you have been hiding your smile because of your teeth, it’s time to take the first step towards getting a perfect sparkling set of teeth.
Factors that Help in Teeth Whitening or to Brighten your Teeth:
- Chemical Teeth whitening/bleaching
- Scaling/ cleaning and polishing
- Regular brushing & flossing
- Eating a detergent diet
- Avoid unnecessary use of mouthwashes
- Treatment of carious and broken teeth
- Chemical teeth whitening: Much sought-after way to improve the colour of the teeth is by the use of whitening agents. Teeth bleaching can be done at home or in the Dental Clinic. In-Clinic whitening agents give better results and can be done using lasers or Zoom whitening. A word of caution here, teeth and gums should both be healthy if we want to use bleaching gel for teeth whitening. Best cosmetic dentist in Delhi or any other city will be able to guide you if bleaching is the right option for You.
- Dental Veneers: Dental Veneers are thin layers of material which are glued on to the tooth surface. These work beautifully in cases where teeth have small gaps or defects, are uneven, have white spots or have yellow discolouration. Veneers can be made of Composite resin or Dental Ceramics. Cosmetic or Aesthetic Dentistry is a highly specialized field and one needs additional training to give patients a beautiful and healthy smile. Dr Unnati has been successfully restoring smiles with Veneers and is among the best Cosmetic Dentists in South Delhi.
- Scaling/ Cleaning and polishing: “Our mouth is a Plaque factory”. The soft plaque deposits, when left untouched for a few days, get calcified and stained to appear as yellowish black deposits on the teeth. These deposits cannot be removed by normal brushing and flossing. You will need to visit your Dentist for a professional ultrasonic cleaning to remove this Tartar and regain the natural color of your teeth. Tea, coffee and tobacco are common reasons for Staining of teeth. These can only be removed by professional teeth cleaning & polishing. A visit to the Dentist every six months is highly recommended to maintain good Oral hygiene and keep your teeth sparkling clean.
- Regular brushing & flossing: Often it is seen that a layer of food and plaque accumulates on the tooth surface and in between teeth, making the teeth look yellow and the interdental areas brown. This happens because of irregular and ineffective teeth cleaning. Deposits that stay on the tooth surface for 24-36 hours are harmful for the gums and teeth. Hence, it is imperative that a daily routine of brushing twice a day and flossing at least once a day should be followed to maintain shiny white teeth or the original color of your teeth.
- Eating a detergent diet: Processed food leaves a layer of soft deposits and coloured foods leave stains on the tooth, whereas eating a fiber-rich diet and Citrus fruits work as natural detergents and clean up the teeth. Fruits and fiber-rich diets not only help in keeping the tooth surface clean, they also make the gums healthy. One should avoid excess sweets, candies, sodas, tea & coffee as they discolor your teeth and may also cause cavities. Cavities make teeth look dark and unattractive. Hence, fresh fruits and salads should be a part of your meals.
- Avoid unnecessary use of Mouthwashes: Mouthwash is an excellent quick fix solution for bad breath or sensitivity in teeth but unnecessary use should be avoided. Most of the mouthwashes discolor your teeth and also the fillings. Their Long term use may cause yellowing of teeth. Yellow or discolored teeth are the main reason for hiding one’s teeth and not smiling.
- Treatment of Carious and broken teeth: Cavities and broken teeth can appear as black shadows when we smile. They can make the teeth look blackish and very unaesthetic. Restoration of teeth with tooth coloured composite resin is a simple way to improve the looks and match the color of your teeth. Missing teeth appear as black spaces which are unpleasant to the human eye. Replacement of missing teeth is important not only to improve the looks but also for the health of the adjoining and opposing teeth, and to improve chewing.
Benefits of Teeth Whitening
Improved Appearance: Teeth whitening can help to make the teeth look brighter and whiter. It is a simple, relatively quick procedure that can be done at a dentist’s office or even at home using over-the-counter products.
Boosted Self-Confidence: Teeth whitening can make a person feel better about their smile and boost their self-confidence. Having a bright and white smile can give a person the confidence to smile more and make a good first impression.
Low Maintenance: Teeth whitening with veneers is a low maintenance procedure that does not require a lot of upkeep. Once the procedure is done, it can last for several years with no need for touch-ups. Regular cleaning will increase the life of the veneers.
Reversible: Chemical Teeth whitening is a reversible procedure and can be stopped at any time. If the desired results are not achieved, the process can be stopped and the teeth will return to their original color.
Improving the overall health of teeth: Regular teeth cleaning will help you keep you gums healthy and getting the cavities fixed will improve the life of the teeth. Your teeth will look good and your mouth will smell fresh.
Overall, teeth whitening is a simple, safe and effective way to improve the appearance of your teeth and boost self-confidence. With proper care and maintenance, the results can last for years. With amazing technological advancements in dentistry, You can confidently take a step towards your dream Smile.